This TSB applies to E46 (3 Series), E60/E61 ( 5 Series), E63/E64 (6 Series) and E53 (X5) BMW models. After replacing the Body Module (KGM or GM, depending on model), and updating the vehicle software, the one-touch power window feature is inoperable.
The spare part body module used on these vehicles is different from what was originally installed. The spare part is a low version of the body module. All functions of the module remain unchanged, but the one-touch feature has a default setting of inactive.
Change the setting for the window one-touch operation via the Car and Key memory.
- Start an ISTA/P session.
- Select the “Vehicle” tab.
- Select the “CKM” tab.
- Select “Power windows” from the drop-down menu.
- Set each of the one-touch window selections to Active.
- Select the Measures Plan button.
- Accept the Measures Plan and the update will take place.