Woodbine Manufacturing Company, producer of Tommy Gate hydraulic lifts, now offers a brand-new Tuckunder Series liftgate (TKT) for flatbed, stake, and van bodies.
The all new TKT model liftgates are the first tuck-under-style liftgates ever produced by Tommy Gate. They incorporate a state-of-the-art, wide-arm, dual-cylinder design along with numerous installation, operation, and service features to maximize both operator and upfitter convenience.
TKT models are initially being offered with self-leveling, wedge-style platforms (either extruded aluminum or steel treadplate), lifting capacities of 2500 or 3000 pounds, and bed extensions fitting either 96- or 102-inch-wide bodies.
Tommy Gate's engineering and customer service departments solicited large amounts of feedback from their network of industry resources which dictated many of the TKT Models’ specifications and features.
“Tommy Gate interviewed distributors and installers about what sort of things they liked, or didn’t like, about the products in the marketplace," says Tommy Gate senior engineer, Andrew Fitzgibbon. "We talked to some end-users about how they used their gates. We also mixed in a healthy dose of taking into account our capabilities and expertise here at the factory and what we do well. So, we kind of mixed all three of those things together and ended up with our finished product.”
Standard features include:
- hydraulic power-down to provide quick, consistent platform deployment
- underride impact guard to protect from vehicle underride
- 24-inch rubber dock bumpers to protect bed extension from direct contact with dock surface
- snubber kit to secure stored platform
- low-profile, fixed toggle control (with five minute inactivity shut-off)
- 2-gauge, full-length power cable and ground